» Toeristische informatie
We have a TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER on the place: free brochures and maps available (including Leiputrija’s Pocket Map of interesting sights in Riga region) as well as small reading room and good suggestions from our personnel.
More useful information about Latvia see HERE
Capital city: Riga
Area: 64.589 km²
Number of inhabitants: ~2 million (2014.)
Currency: Euro (from 2014).
National language: latvian. Most of citizens speak also russian and english.
Short phrasebook see HERE!
In case of emergency call: 112 (police, ambulance, fire-department etc.).
Calling code: +371
Time zone: EET (UTC+2). In summer: EEST (UTC+3)
Current weather and 3 day forecast see HERE!
Some of Public holidays (2014):
- January 1st – New Year’s day.
- March 8th – International women’s day
- May 1st – Labour Day/Convocation of the constituent assembly of the republic of Latvia.
- May 4th – Restoration of independence of the republic of Latvia.
- May 9th – Europe day.
- The second sunday of May – Mothers’ day.
- May 15th – International day of the family.
- May 19th – The announcing the declaration of independence of republic of Latvia day.
- June 1st – International children’s day.
- June 23rd and 24th – festivity Līgo and Jāņi.
- The 2nd saturday of July – Sea festival day.
- September 1st - Knowledge day.
- September 22 – Baltic unity day.
- November 11th – Latvian freedom fighters’ remembrance day – Lāčplēsis (“bearslayer”) day.
- November 18th – Proclamation of the Republic of Latvia.
- December 24th, 25th and 26th – Christmas.
- December 31th – New year’s Eve.
- + all Sundays.
See english-latvian phrasebook here: phrasebook (pdf)