» Informacje turystyczne
More useful information about Latvia see HERE
Capital city: Riga
Area: 64.589 km²
Number of inhabitants: ~2 million (2014.)
Currency: Euro (from 2014).
National language: latvian. Most of citizens speak also russian and english.
Short phrasebook see HERE!
In case of emergency call: 112 (police, ambulance, fire-department etc.).
Calling code: +371
Time zone: EET (UTC+2). In summer: EEST (UTC+3)
Current weather and 3 day forecast see HERE!
Some of Public holidays (2014):
- January 1st – New Year’s day.
- March 8th – International women’s day
- May 1st – Labour Day/Convocation of the constituent assembly of the republic of Latvia.
- May 4th – Restoration of independence of the republic of Latvia.
- May 9th – Europe day.
- The second sunday of May – Mothers’ day.
- May 15th – International day of the family.
- May 19th – The announcing the declaration of independence of republic of Latvia day.
- June 1st – International children’s day.
- June 23rd and 24th – festivity Līgo and Jāņi.
- The 2nd saturday of July – Sea festival day.
- September 1st - Knowledge day.
- September 22 – Baltic unity day.
- November 11th – Latvian freedom fighters’ remembrance day – Lāčplēsis (“bearslayer”) day.
- November 18th – Proclamation of the Republic of Latvia.
- December 24th, 25th and 26th – Christmas.
- December 31th – New year’s Eve.
- + all Sundays.
See english-latvian phrasebook here: phrasebook (pdf)