» Traditional latvian sauna “pirts”
Bathhouse (latvian: pirts) for latvians has always been one of fundamental traditions and rituals. Bathhouse (usually – “black sauna”/melnā pirts) was present almost in every country farmstead in 19th century. That is why to enjoy real latvian sauna is a must-have thing to do when visiting Latvia.
We offer a small sauna / bathhouse (for up to 10 persons). The building consists of a rest room, shower, WC, wardrobe and sauna room. There is also a small pergola just by the sauna house – for having an evening tea, playing cards or just having cheerful talks.
As to the sauna, we will provide You with everything You need: slippers, towels, sauna-sheets and a pair of sauna besoms (as whiping each other with besoms is unalienable component of traditions of taking latvian pirts.).
Prices (an example for 6 persons):
- First three hours: EUR 70,00
- Each additional hour: EUR 15,00
- Outside working hours (after 10 p.m.): Please contact us to get an offer
Optional extras available:
- Heated and cold open air mini-pools (with water or milk/beer/herb mix);
- Organized sauna procedures, massage, peeling, scrub etc.;
- Herb tea, birch juice;